Brimming with Features
GMaps comes packed with tons of features, including:
- Users can create custom POI's (see below).
- Navmesh GPS navigation (see below).
- Administrator functionality (see below).
- ULX and ServerGuard support!
- Intuitive multi-level map compatibility; tunnels included!
- Multiple ways to open the map: Chat command, keybind, console command, or context menu icon.
- Only the map is rendered, so you can't spy on people or bases using your minimap!
- Easily accessible settings menu to adjust individual player preferences.
- Drag and pan the map with your mouse.
- Touchscreen semi-compatibility.
- Team and player specific POI privacy settings.
- 3D2D navigation and POI waypoints.
- Donator privileges, including special POI icons and increased limits.
- View all POI's in a list format.
- Smooth transition animations.
- Blurred window theme.
- Over 20 POI icons, with a template so you can create your own!
- Uses the same Navmesh system as Civs.
- You can pin the frame to your screen as a minimap.
It's Pronounced "Poy".
POI's (Points Of Interest) are user defined points in the world which hold special significance. Users with the proper usergroup (all users by default) can create POI's anywhere inside the map. Each one has a name, description, color, icon, and privacy settings which determine who can see them, and how they look to those who can.
Users with the required permissions can also designate a POI as permanent, which means it has no owner and persists across server restarts and map changes. This is really useful for other static scripts such as NPC salesmen, as users can navigate to any POI with the click of a button.
Intelligent GPS Navigation
GMaps uses Source's Navmesh system to create navigation paths between any two accessible points in the map. Simply right click anywhere on the map and select "Navigate here", and you'll be on your way with optional 3D2D waypoints. The accuracy of this system can be tweaked to fit your server's performance standards.
Navmesh Editing Toolkit Included
GMaps comes with a navmesh editing SWEP which simplifies the navmesh creation process and helps tremendously with navmesh tweaking. Video instructions on its use are available from within the SWEP's menu. Navmeshes are saved as
Navmeshes for some common RP maps are included. If users give me finished navmeshes I'll add them to the list.
Note: I can't be expected to make navmeshes for every map. If your map isn't listed here, you'll have to make it yourself. (Don't worry, it's not that hard.????)
Free Test Available
If you're not sure if GMaps will work on your server or map, you can download a free tool on garrysmods.org. Use the navmesh editing swep and simple NPC to create a navmesh for your map. Once you're satisfied with the way the test NPC wanders about, feel free to upgrade to the full version.